Saturday, September 21, 2013

Everything Green Mural

A client of mine who I also do graphic work for commissioned me to paint a mural for the inside of their shop.  It is 8 x 4 feet painted on wood with spray paint, oil paint pens, and acrylic paint applied with both brushes and airbrush.
The original rough pencil sketch I drew up as we designed it together.
And a very quick color mock up I did before I began the actual painting.
I redrew the design on the board, mostly to make sure I nailed the spacing on the lettering.
Pictures during progress.  I started with the board vertical...





...then moved it horizontal on to saw horses.




The finished mural in my garage/studio.  And some detail shots...







The finished mural installed up on the wall inside the Everything Green shop.


My thanks to all the folks over at Everything Green in Fairfield, CA.  If you are anywhere near the area check them out for all of your gardening supply needs!

1 comment:

  1. Great post Michael. Sasha and I really enjoyed looking at both the finished mural and the lead up to it. It turned out really well. The detail shots were excellent to see the shading and work that went into each of the characters.

    ReplyDelete